Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Happy Birthday!!

Yesterday was Chris's 38th birthday!  Peter and I spent the morning at Daddy's office (I went to a meeting while Pete ate snacks and drew on Chris's white board for 2 hours)… We tried to surprise Chris with balloons and coffee at work, but neither worked.  We stopped at two different Starbucks to bring Daddy his favorite coffee-- the first was closed due to a power outage and the second had a line 30 deep so we turned away.  Boo!  And the balloon store was closed at 8am on our way to the office. Double BOO!  But, I did remember to put Peter in his special Daddy shirt!
After the meeting, we all went out for a nice lunch at Newk's, a new spot in town.  Unfortunately Chris had to work late, but we decorated for his return!
We celebrated with his favorite hamburgers (it's a secret recipe maybe I'll share with you… they're delicious!) and cake and ice cream.  And a little singing, of course.

We love you, babe.  You are everything to all of us.

As Peter put it so kindly driving into work yesterday, "I love you 10 pennies, Mom.  No... five.  And I love Daddy 1,000,042 pennies."  

2 comments:

  1. Ha, Peter. That made me laugh. Happy Birthday Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do they get ALL the love? And we do all the work? Secretly though, between you and I, it is pretty charming how much they love their Daddy's.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.