Blog Archive

Monday, November 17, 2014

The patient...

Chris's surgery went well.  He was admitted at 6am on Thursday and around 11:00am, we were pulling out of the hospital parking lot.  The 18-pain block worked great.  For about 18 hours.  But I have to say, Chris hasn't uttered so much as a tiny peep of complaint, although I can tell he is very uncomfortable.  He spent most of the weekend going back and forth from our recliner, the couch, or our bed.  Both of us were surprised that the medicine didn't make him sleepy (I'm quite certain I would have been drooling on myself)… but he stayed awake and we tried our best to watch as many Californication episodes as we could.  :)

Ever the helper, Peter fashioned his own cast to show solidarity.  He also paraded every single one of their friends in the house to see Daddy's sling.
Today big plan: a shower for Chris.  The doctor told him to wait 5 days (today is 4) but he's determined.  So long as I don't have to remove any bandages or gauze, I will do my best to help him and keep from fainting.  I'll keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck over there! I hope Chris feels better and better. xo And Pete!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.