Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's my lucky day...

This morning I had to go to the Fayetteville DMV to renew my driver's license.  (Cue the horror music, complete with shrieking in the background.) When mom and I were at the bank over Spring Break last week, one of the women helping us noticed my VA license had expired.   Sheer terror ran through my veins when I realized she was telling the truth.  Ugggh... I took the NC driver's exam 10 years ago when we were living here.  And I FAILED it... without any kids hanging off of me asking for more fruit snacks.  How many of you know how fast you can pass moving cattle???

I rest my case.

I have been dreading getting a new one, and have been trying to think of ways around it, but came up dry.  Plus, every time I got behind the wheel lately I'm completely panicked that I'm going to get pulled over for some traffic violation and end up having to pay gazillions of dollars for driving with an expired license.  (Cue Chris telling me over and over again, "I told you so" which is a fate worse than death.)   I've looked like a NUT driving lately... the only person going five miles below the speed limit, with my hands steadfast at 10 and 2.

All of my fear was for naught though because the entire process could not have been any quicker or easier.  Seriously... when have those words ever been associated with a DMV?  I am certain the answer is never.  But it's the truth!  Not only did I pass the test this time but the whole process (including a run to the ATM because I didn't have the $40 in cash to pay) took less than 30 mins.  Nothing short of a miracle.  I've been home three hours and I still can't believe it.

It was also Pete's lucky day.  I let him hang out in the refrigerator for a full ten minutes while I got dressed for said DMV visit.  This is his favorite spot in the house, with his hand in whatever food he can reach.  Today's find was a healthy one... whole grain noodles from last night and a cup of milk.


 Good boy!  He was busy long enough for me to even throw a little bit of make up on for the picture!
Everyone wins!!

1 comment:

  1. How funny is that picture of him standing in there ? ;-D

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.