Blog Archive

Thursday, May 31, 2012

The inevitable...

We took our first (and hopefully last) trip to the E.R. in the middle of the night since Chris has been gone.    Pete woke up crying around midnight with a fever of 102.  I gave him Motrin.  When I checked him at 1am, his temperature rose to 103.  I gave him Tylenol and waited another hour and checked again... 104.  Yikes.  I decided to wake everyone up and drive to the ER at Fort Bragg (which felt like an eternity at 30 minutes away).  When we arrived, the nurse took Pete's temperature rectally... 104.7!  He felt like he was on fire.  Turns out he has an ear infection so the doctor prescribed antibiotics and Tylenol and Motrin around the clock for the next 24-48 hours.  Thankfully his fever is down significantly but he still seems out of it and just wants to be held.

Poor baby!  This is just about all we've done today... cuddle and relax in bed.  
Hopefully he's back to normal tomorrow.  Nothing is worse than a sick baby.  :(

3 comments:

  1. ...except of course tending a sick baby alone while caring for two other children.

    You are a great momma.

    They are all lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! I am so sorry that this happened AFTER I left! Just think in about a week you will have Cortney right across the street and you can call her in the night if you need to....let's hope you don't!
    Glad that Petey is feeling better. I hope that you are all snuggled up in bed and snoozing away!
    Talk soon!
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby. Looks like Bunny helps too :) glad he's feeling better! XO

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.