Blog Archive

Friday, September 21, 2012

Deep Thoughts by Henry...

Two nights ago, after reading books, and while snuggling before bed, Henry and I were talking...

Henry:  Mom?
Me:  Yes?
Henry:  What's the end number?
Me:  Huh?
Henry:  You know... the very, very last one?
Pause...
Me:  Um.  That's a really good question.  I don't know... I think numbers just go on and on... there isn't really an end.
Pause...
Henry:  Mom?
Me:  Yes?
Henry:  What's God's middle name?
Pause...
Me:  Um.  That's a really good question.  I don't really know.  

-----------------------------------

And today, driving home from soccer...

Henry:  Mom?
Me:  Yes?
Henry:  Is 3 plus 1 four?
Me:  Yes.
Henry:  Watch... I can do it with my eyes closed.  
Pause while Henry dramatically closes his eyes super tight.
Henry:  3 plus 1 is 4.  See?  Watch again.  I can do it with one eye open and one eye closed.
Me:  Yeah, that's pretty cool.
Henry:  No, you aren't watching.  You're watching in front.  Look at me.  I can do the other eye now.  3 plus 1 is 4.
Me:  Yeah, I see.  And I can see you in the rear view mirror.  That's cool.
Henry:  Now I'm switching them.  3 plus 1 is 4.  Look at me!  I'm switching them.
Me:  Yes, yes, yes.  I see.  COOL!!!!

-------------------------------------

And, completely unrelated but still entertaining...

Several weeks ago the boys kept fighting over this black stuffed dog named, you guessed it, Baby Allie.  (I know, I know, cue the sad song...)  Anyway, they were driving me nuts fighting over Baby Allie for the obvious reason.  WE HAVE 100 OTHER STUFFED ANIMALS IN THIS HOUSE.  I walked in to the kitchen during one of those fights to this scene....


That would be Henry guarding Baby Allie with a hammer.  And, that's right... he wrapped Baby Allie up in Saran Wrap, on a plate, so James couldn't find her.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this. Tocco and I are a'laughing :-D give him a squish for me.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.