Blog Archive

Monday, September 24, 2012

Whoa!!

So while our grocery shopping trip to Harris Teeter yesterday was just a notch or two above TORTUROUS, we did save a ton of money... without using one single coupon.  I was just about to throw the receipt away but couldn't pass up the opportunity to share!



In that one order, we saved $118.76 and I'll say it again... without a single coupon!  Speaking of coupons, do you all use them?  Do you get them from the Sunday paper or online or another source?  Maybe I'm just being lazy but it seems like soooo much work-- and all but impossible if I have the boys with me.  Now that Chris is home, I'm considering really trying to collect and use coupons (since I can leave the boys at home with him).  We go through food like crazy around here and I'm sure it would be smart to save when we can.

What's ironic is that even after spending $221.28 yesterday... when I went to pack the boys' lunches this morning, I came up dry.  HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?  We didn't buy any yogurt... or applesauce... or raisins... or pretzels.  I'm blaming that on the boys though!  I can't think straight when Pete is trying to open everything to eat in the store and the big boys are asking at every turn if they can put this or that or this or that in the cart!

So I'll go back... again... to my home away from home.  Hopefully I'll remember to get the boys some lunch foods this time!  Otherwise, cheese and crackers make a meal... right?  It's not like I'm sending them to school with raw chicken and lollipops in their lunch boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.