Blog Archive

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Charleston...

Chris and I were lucky enough to spend the entire weekend away in Charleston, South Carolina!  We had a wonderful mini vacation and are so grateful to Keith and Marta for watching the boys for us so we could do so.  We had so much fun and I know the boys did too!

We totally fell in love with the city.  It is absolutely perfect...


Our hotel was beautiful and overlooked the water.  The best part (aside from the concierge upgrading us to the Penthouse Level!) was that it was entirely free since Chris used our Marriott points.  Yippee!


We tried to check out as many bars, restaurants, shops, and hot spots as we could during our stay.

Overlooking the city from The Vendue Rooftop bar...


Heading back to the hotel on Friday night...


On Saturday we got up early and went for a 5 mile run along the water...




Relaxing and enjoying a cup of coffee at the hotel...


One of the best parts about the weekend was the 2 1/2 hour nap we took after our run on Saturday.  I'm telling you what, it was fan-tastic!  Which meant we were totally rested for our second night out on the town.

Drinks on the rooftop of The Pavilion...

This was such a cool spot!  I'd love to go back...




Chris trying on my sunglasses.  They look good, don't they?


On Sunday morning we drove around ogling the beautiful homes... (All of these pictures are taken from the car with my iPhone... there are so many gorgeous ones I missed.)





Before saying goodbye, we enjoyed breakfast at a quaint little spot called The Meeting Place.  Delicious!


It's pretty much official.  We can't wait to move to Charleston!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! That looks like so much fun. :) I'm glad you two got a little time off. I don't see Chris too often.. I forget how much the boys really look just like him. Charleston looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.