Blog Archive

Sunday, November 18, 2012

More ramblings by Hank...

Today our family split up for a bit.  Daddy took James and Peter to James's basketball practice and Henry and Mommy took Charlie to his puppy check-up.  Our car ride to the vet was probably 8 minutes.  It went like this....

Henry:  What happens when the sun's power is all used up?

Me:  Huh.  Good question.  I don't know.  But that didn't happen today.  It's just cloudy.

Henry:  Oh.  Okay.  Well what happens if everyone dies?

Me:  That's another good question.  I don't know, babe.  I don't think that's going to happen.  Let's focus on good things to think about.

Henry:  Well I think God died first.  And then Santa Claus.  And then the Easter Bunny.  Right?

Me:  Um... right.

10 seconds later...

Henry:  I really want a rock star dog.  You know, one with tattoos and dark sunglasses and probably shorts.

Me:  What in the world...?  What are you even talking about?

Henry:  Or we could take Charlie to a pool party.  But he'd have to wear floaties or he'd drown.  And he probably need googles.  Do you think they sell dog googles at Pet Smark? (He never retains the fact that it's actually called Pet SmarT.)

Pulling into the parking lot...

Me:  I don't know.  We can ask a sales clerk.  

So, if you also happen to be curious, they don't sell doggie googles... or doggie tattoos... or doggie floaties at Pet Smark.  It's a crying shame.


1 comment:

  1. I was rolling. And what little boy wouldn't want a rock star dog with tattoos!

    But does he really think Santa AND the Easter bunny have died?

    That boy has some deep thoughts...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.