Blog Archive

Friday, November 16, 2012

Shocking...

(So I know I posted this on Facebook last night but most of the folks who read my blog don't have Facebook accounts and I thought this was too bizarre-oh to not share.)

This "fundraiser" came home in James's book bag yesterday afternoon...


Wait... whaaaat??!  Did I read that correctly?  Sport Stacking?  No.  Come on... this is glorified "Flip Cup," the beer drinking game which penalizes drunks who can't flip over a cup fast enough by making them drink.  In fact, "Flip Cup" is being played all over college campuses right now as you read this.



What completely baffles me is that the company is selling this game as a sport!  It reads, "Students that normally don't show much enthusiasm for P.E. are now standing out as leaders in sport stacking activities."  Wait.  What?  Did they just say leaders in sport stacking activities?!??  Oh that's rich.  That's good.  That's IN-SANE.

And here's another kicker-- the sets run between $30-$40 (!) and then there's several pages of accruements you can purchase (like official bags, timers, instructional dvds).  How are these cups any different than the red Solo cups you can purchase for $2 at Target??

I don't know why I find this fascinating, but I do.  All of it!

1 comment:

  1. It it kind of funny. Someone always did that at St Jude talent shows. It goes back to Yo Gabba Gabba I think. It's their cool trick. :) I can see one of your kids being good at it (in addition to regular "real" sports)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.