Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Day Prep!

Yesterday Peter, Henry, and I went for a nature walk to find a few fall things to decorate our Thanksgiving table.  We found a few pretty items for Henry to make a holiday centerpiece.






I certainly wouldn't call Martha Stewart over, but he did a great job decorating our tables!

"Write it on your heart that the ones you love
most are life's most precious gifts."


This is the first year we are going to celebrate Thanksgiving with just our immediate family.

Our menu:
Turkey of course
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Sweet potato dish
Green bean casserole
Fresh cranberry relish
Rolls and homemade butter (mom gave me a recipe for the boys to do!)
Salad
Homemade pumpkin & apple pies
Hmm... what classics am I forgetting?  Anything?

I'm armed with a bunch of 5-star recipes (off of allrecipes.com and my dad's favorite apple pie recipe) so hopefully it'll be a success.  I'm excited to make my first Thanksgiving dinner and to spend time being thankful for all of the many blessings in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.