Blog Archive

Sunday, April 21, 2013

A great Saturday...

Yesterday turned out to be a great day.  It's funny how those "great days" sneak up on you and are almost always the ones you don't plan out.  James was supposed to have a soccer game at 10am (an hour away) and Henry was supposed to have a T-ball game at 11am nearby.  Chris and I had already planned to split up so we could attend both boys' games.  However, both games were called off for forecasted rain storms (which never came).  We decided to hop in the car and head on post to visit friends and check out the yard sale going on.  Not only did the boys score some fun loot (an Imaginext animal kingdom, binoculars, a stuffed bunny that Henry spoke for all day long... as in, "Look, Hoppy has his seat belt on.... Look!  Hoppy is eating lunch.  Look!  Hoppy said he doesn't like quesadillas.".... an embroidery kit I made Henry buy with the $1 I'd given him and received a funny look from Chris when he asked who it was for.  "Henry and me!  I wanted to find a pot holder kit but this'll do."  To which Chris just shook his head.  Anyway, as you can tell... it had all the makings for a great day... no schedule, all-but-free-and-new-to-us toys, visit with friends, and then we headed to a new park which the boys loved!


All of my boys...
they really do make every day an adventure.

James entertaining us...

And most definitely his brother.

I caught him!  (For a second.) 

And he's off again!  Peter climbed and
navigated every part of this park by himself...
even the slippery steps and slides.  

We couldn't keep up with him.

And a few fun family pictures we snapped on my iPhone...

Look, even Hoppy the Bunny made it in a picture!  Ha ha.







It was a perfect day.

5 comments:

  1. OMG those last photos are the BEST. New profile photos! ;-) I love you all. Glad you all had such a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make perfect Xmas photos! Loved the energy and happiness from everyone. Can't wait to see you all again. Much love. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those families photos are awesome!! You all are so beautiful/adorable/handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, I love that the fun you all have together was captured so beautifully in these candid shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the the family pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.