Blog Archive

Monday, June 24, 2013

We are clearly...

raising a bunch of geniuses.  Evidence...

#1:  "James.  Go get the sunscreen and put it on before you get into the neighbor's pool."
I'd say his face look more ridiculous but
really, when you consider his torso application,
I do believe that takes the cake.
 #2:  "Peter.  Sit down and I'll get out the art supplies.  You can color."

I came in to find an entire
sheet of stickers on his lips.
 #3.  "Henry.  What are you doing?"

His exact response?
"My back has more lumps than a mattress!!"

#4.  "Oh sweet shit, why does it feel like Africa up here?!"

Well that's probably because one
of my little Mensa students turned the HEAT on!!

So... in an effort to combat our apparent genetic mediocrity, I started Summer School this morning!!  Yaaay, Mom!

"That's right."  I said,  "Sit down.  Find your name.  Get to work."

James whined the entire time.  Henry absolutely loved it and asked for more work.  ("Why are you such a nerd?" James asked him.  Lovely.)   And Peter ripped the paper off of as many crayons as he could.

Everyone had reading/ writing work, a math assignment, and
and age appropriate "game" to play.

Hard at work!

And after those 20 minutes, life went back to "normal"....


3 comments:

  1. I love it! That summer school looks so cute : )and I bet that before long James won't complain. Love them! and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually makes me feel better to know that they were complaining! When I do that with my kids in the summer they act like it is pure torture! Good to know that we mine aren't the only ones! I love your boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this post still makes me laugh- OH sweet shit why does it feel like Africa up in here!?

    hahaa xo

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.