Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Finally!

After an exceptionally hot summer, a massive thunderstorm rolled in last night and today the high was only around 80 degrees.  Which, after 95+ degree weather for months, it felt somewhat like fall here today.  Hallelujah!

And so I did what any good mama does.  I told the boys they weren't allowed to use their Iphones.  Or play on the wii.  Or watch TV.  Or play Minecraft on the computer.  I told them to GO OUTSIDE and play.   I told them they could go inside... but only if they were planning to read, play Legos, or nap.  Surprisingly, no one was interested in those options.

I was met with some groans and grunts and "Awww.... all day???" and a few "sneaks" of their phones but for the most part, we all played outside!

Here's a clip of the boys at the end of the afternoon... everyone's exhausted and milling around.  Ha ha.  Love it!  (And once Gabe and Ava showed up a few minutes later with water guns, everyone perked up and played for another few HOURS outside!)


Another bonus?  The boys ran Charlie RAGGED with bike race after bike race.  He's hardly lifted his head all evening.  And Peter literally fell asleep sitting up in the bath tonight.  But after yesterday's nap...


perhaps that's not all that shocking.  (Scary, though!)

The next few days are supposed to be similar, cooler weather.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.