Blog Archive

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Great friends, good times...

We had a wonderful few days with our friends, the Joneses.  We became great friends at West Point but unfortunately ended up across the country from one another-- they now live outside of Seattle, in Washington state.  Our kids picked up right where they left off (which happened to be our crazy Tybee Island Beach Trip of last summer, you may remember)... I wish we still lived around the corner from one another.

Summer, Me and Monique
with Peter and Audrey

Oh look.  More kids.
There were 11 children among us 4 mamas and while it was crazy and loud and hectic, I loved every minute of it.  (There was a time we thought Chris might divorce me, but no... he stayed.  Hee hee.)




Peter declared he "doesn't wear clothes anymore" so that's been a treat.  But... I happened to notice that my other two are partially dressed as well so.... I give up.




On Monday, Monique and her children and me and my kiddos all drove up to Virginia together.  They flew back home yesterday (out of Dulles) and we went up for my Uncle Charlie's funeral.  While it was an incredibly short trip home, I'm so glad we went.  The service was beautiful and it was wonderful to spend time with our family.

We returned home last night again, just in time for karate and football practice.  I feel like we have been going, going, going all summer but as we turned into our neighborhood, THIS is what we saw...




Two complete rainbows over our house.



We all stopped and stared and marveled at how beautiful it was.


What a wonderful world...

2 comments:

  1. those rainbow photos are INCREDIBLE! It must have been wild in person.
    And that Peter! such funny one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rainbows are amazing!

    So glad you got to spend such great time with good friends!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.