Blog Archive

Monday, August 12, 2013

The draft...

After playing soccer every season since he was 3 years old, James has decided to give football a chance this fall.  (My fingers are crossed he returns to soccer in the spring!)  On Saturday, the coaches held a draft for each age group.

Here is James, playing in the 8 year old group of children...

James is in the red shirt and black shorts, running.
(And I assume you know he's the white one.)

Here he is towards the back of the line.

James waiting for his turn to throw/ catch/ sprint.

You may have noticed James was not only the tallest child out there, but the tallest child by at least a full foot it seemed!?  I mean, check out the little boy in orange behind James.

Chris and I are completely and fully aware that just because James is taller than every other child his age, it does not mean that he is any more emotionally or mentally ready to be pushed outside of his age group, nor would it be fair to do so.  We also realize that the enormous size difference will likely even out in the next few years.  And I usually don't agree with asking for exceptions to policies or special privileges for our boys, but....

I emailed the director (against Chris's wishes for James to remain in the 8 year old group), to see if James can be place in one of the 9-10 year old teams.  I haven't received a response back yet, but I really hope they move him so he can play with children his own size.

We'll see...

After the draft, we dragged James to (finally) get a hair cut.
Lucky for him, his hair dresser just got in blue and red
temporary hair dye for kids!  And Miss Cher always
does a faux hawk for James.  Cool!

*Update:  While the director's response back to me was very polite, he said they are unable to "age up" for football.  Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.