Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Playing Catch-up!

The weather has finally started to cool off a bit so we've been outside as much as possible lately.  The kids spent most of the weekend raking Ms. Summer's leaves.  They had a blast raking them up and then jumping in the piles!

This isn't even the whole gang... somehow I missed
James and Peter.  We are so lucky to live in a
neighborhood with so many young kids!

And when the kids weren't raking leaves, the boys were in battle-mode.  Note the father walking down the hill in the background.  He came to tell the boys to stop shooting his three daughters.  Oddly enough, later that afternoon his oldest daughter, Lauren, told me "it isn't as much fun without the boys chasing us."  Right.



James is totally enjoying football, even with two 2-hour practices a week and a "losing" game record to date.   Entertaining the little boys during those long practices can be tough but I try...





In other news, Clumsy Beth fell during a run with a friend on Thursday.  It seems silly but my goodness, did it hurt!  My entire left leg is bruised and swollen, my chest and shoulder and knees were bloody, and since I landed on my face, my chin has a bruise!




I forgot how much it hurts to FALL!  Fortunately I feel fine now and went for a long-ish run by myself on Friday and felt great.  Hmm... perhaps it is just a reminder to slooooow down.  Or maybe talking and running is just too much for me.  Ha ha!

Hope your week is off to a happy, sloooow pace!

1 comment:

  1. Your fall looks terrible! OMG!! I love the photos of the big group of friends...how much fun those kids must have together! Great memories being made for them. For sure.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.