Blog Archive

Thursday, December 12, 2013

2-504 Holiday Ball!

Last night Chris and I went to our Battalion Holiday Ball.  It's always fun to get dressed up and spend an evening out, without the boys.  For the first time ever, I rented a dress from Rent the Runway.  For those unfamiliar, the company offers hundreds and hundreds of designer gowns you can "rent" for a 4-day period and then return.  Of course that means you're spending money on a gown you don't get to keep forever but… I have several in my closet that I bought outright and still don't wear so I figured it was about the same!

We had a great time.  The guys Chris works with are such a fun (and funny) group.  The only bummer was that drinks were $9 a pop (for cheap wine and beer)!  What in the world?!  We're in Fayetteville, not downtown Manhattan.  Not to worry though.  We brought cash and splurged.  ;)  (And a few of the young guys brought in cases of beer wrapped in holiday gift wrap and stashed under the table.  Gotta love a soldier!)

It's hard to make out the dress in these pictures but
it had a very pretty sequined neckline and a cool "back."


Christina and Ray
(We get to babysit their baby daughter tomorrow night.
The boys and I can't wait!  We'll all get our "baby girl" fix hopefully!)

Meredith and Mike

Chris bustin' some moves on the dance floor!

Me, Chris, LTC Larson, Ray and Christina

MAJ Mofu (the S3) and us

I always think I take more pictures than I actually do but… you get the idea.  We had a really nice evening and I'm glad they planned this before Christmas break and the quickly-approaching deployment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.