Blog Archive

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Getting ready...

We spent the majority of today getting ready for Daddy's return!  Chris is scheduled to arrive around 9pm tomorrow evening, Memorial Day.  We are all SO excited for his return and have been working hard stocking the fridge with his favorite beer and foods, cutting the grass, cleaning the house and cars, and making pretty 'Welcome Home' signs.
I have to say, multiple deployments with multiple children have given me the opportunity to realize that 1) deployments do end and 2) babies don't keep.  I did not spend these past few months pining for Chris the way I did during previous deployments.  And it has absolutely nothing to do with my love for him.  In fact, I love Chris more than ever.  But I spent these past four months focused on what matters most to both of us-- our three boys.
On this Memorial Day our hearts are full… with anticipation of my husband and their Daddy returning.  And such heartache for all those who didn't.
God Bless America.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful he'll be back tomorrow! And great advice too. I love you! Hugs to Chris and you all. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so excited for you and the boys! What a special day for Chris to arrive! I hope you'll have a week to 'recover' before he has to jump back into work. But know that even having him close will be comforting.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.