Blog Archive

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day...

Yesterday my good friend, Eileen, and I took all of the boys (she has 2 of her own) to Asheboro zoo for Mother's Day.  It was farther away than we were hoping (2+ hours for back roads there and 1.5 hrs on the highway back) but it was still nice to check out something new.
 Eileen and kids taking a break...
My favorite picture (and time) of the day...
 The boys all loved this misting tree...
 A group shot… (from a less-than-stellar photographer).
 Finley (in Peter's preschool class) and Max...
 Taking a break from walking and riding the train to the other side of the zoo...
 The absolute favorite part of the zoo was this "stream" the kids could play in...
 Of course Peter got completely soaked but his clothes dried quickly since it was 90 degrees!

 The boys could play with and reconfigure this dam...
 They also loved this "bug" playground...
 Appropo since Henry has on a BUG shirt!



 This new treehouse playground is going to be awesome but it's still under construction...
 Currently it stops here at this first "treehouse"….
 but it's going to weave through the trees when it's done.  How cool!
 Exhausted and ready to ride the train back to our car...
This trip was definitely the opposite of a relaxing Mother's Day :) but it was still spent doing exactly what I love most-- being with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.