Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Broken heart...

Right after the big boys hopped on the bus yesterday, this bulldozer started demolishing the woods directly behind our house...
 According to the owner of our home, it was "never to be touched because it's protected land."  And for the entire time we've lived here, that statement held true (even though all of the other lots were built on).  Until yesterday.

Peter and I watched the bulldozer and truck all day...
For the past 3 1/2 years, our boys and all of their friends have been building a fort in those woods.  And in minutes, it was destroyed.
 Henry was heartbroken.

My sweet little nature enthusiast spent HOURS in that fort-- playing, building, working.  It really was his favorite pasttime.

He and his buddies have plans in the work for another fort... sure hope it works.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhh that is SO sad! Tell me when they start a new fort. I'll send them something for it. :) <3

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.