Blog Archive

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Dinner talk...

So tonight at dinner we talked about Daddy (of course) and then I asked the boys about their day at school. Tomorrow is a big day for James.  He was one of just a few kids chosen for a celebratory Chick-fil-a lunch at school for routinely demonstrating a positive character trait at school.  In his case, it's "self control"... which I find ironic since he refused to make anything other than a silly face when I asked him to pose for a picture with his award.  


Then the conversation moved over to Henry.  "Henry," I asked, "what do you think of your new school? You seem to love it."  (And he does.  At West Point, for whatever reason, it was such a struggle to get him to go to school.  He goes willingly and happily every day here which has been such a huge relief!)

"Yeah, I do" he said "but every time she (Mrs. Theresa, his teacher) wants us to listen to her she always says 'hello' instead of 'shhhh.'"  Huh???  I was trying to figure out what he meant... she says "hello" instead of "shhh"?  Clearly he's confused.  That doesn't make any sense.

Then he must've seen me struggling to understand him because he clarified.  "You know, she says... Helllll---OOOOHH----ooohhh! because no one is listening to her."  Ah ha ha... funny.

I imagine that's a pretty accurate description of just about any preschool teacher trying to get a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds to listen.  Helllloooohhh???  Is anyone out there?  Come to think of it... that pretty much sums up my day with them too!  :)


2 comments:

  1. Way to go James!!! and way to go Beth and Chris! Tocco and I were JUST talking about student behavior at school, and how well behaved our nephews are. Also the fact that the teacher can only really teach the subjects, and the parents are the ones who teach the behavior. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS to James! I hope that the Chick-Fil-A was tasty!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.