Blog Archive

Friday, February 24, 2012

It's all the little things...

that make a good day, even when it's rainy and dreary outside.  The morning started off to a great start because Chris was able to send me several texts (albeit at 5am my time!) and several emails later in the morning.  It's amazing how good it feels just to hear from him.  Then, as luck would have it, Pete took not one, but two, super long naps... one this morning for 2 1/2 hours (which meant he was happy and enjoyable to be around at Henry's Little Gym class, unlike last week when he was tired and cranky and generally miserable to be around)... and another super long nap this afternoon that's still going on.  What did I do to deserve this?

We came home from Henry's class to find a beautiful flower arrangement on our doorstep that my Aunt Barbara sent me for my birthday!  What a wonderful surprise!



Somewhat soon after, I received a call from James's school that they'd decided to send all students home an hour early due to the inclement weather.  Strange, isn't it!?  I guess we're expecting a pretty big thunderstorm this afternoon, although it's done little more than thunder and sprinkle so far.  But, it was fun having James home a bit early to start the weekend.  James was excited to have extra time to play with the boys who live across the street (Christian and Jonathan).  They are 8 and 5 years respectively and even though I sometimes get annoyed by the additional boys (and the increased volume and mess!), I love that James and Henry have made such good friends so quickly.


But one of the best parts of my day was that soccer practice was cancelled due to the rain!  We've quickly learned that the soccer league I signed the boys up with is "no joke"-- James's practices run 2 HOURS long!  Whoa... you can imagine how much fun that is keeping Henry and Pete interested in a two hour long practice session and off the field.  Tomorrow is the first "game day."  Henry and James have back-to-back games so we'll see how that all goes.  Hmmm... wish me luck.  You know I'll need it!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I hear you on the practice and trying to keep the others entertained. Glad you had some nice flowers to welcome you home and that Pete was kind to you today! My favorite thing about the picture of the boys is that James is dressed up. I love that he still loves to put on a costume...part of his identity to me.
    Love to you and they boys,
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, love this! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.