Blog Archive

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day...

This Father's Day is a sad one.  Exactly one year ago today, on Father's Day, my dad was diagnosed with esophageal cancer.  Today also marks 3 months since he passed away.

This picture was taken a little over a year ago, right before he was diagnosed...
I miss him.  I really do... I miss hearing his voice and talking with him and getting his opinion and just knowing he's there.

Chris is also gone, which makes Father's Day harder...


Chris is everything I knew he'd be as a father... loving, patient, and kind.  From every day, little things to the very big moments... Chris always does the honest, right thing and I believe that is the most important example to set for the boys.

On a happy note, Grandpa and Ita came down for a visit this weekend so we were able to celebrate Father's Day with them.  We had a great weekend together!


The big boys love wrestling with Grandpa and try to "pin" him...

Grandpa brought out James's BB gun for him to shoot...


While Marta and I were getting a pedicure, the boys were also busy...



Hmmm...

Look what Grandpa found in our backyard-- 
a real Indian arrowhead!  Super cool.


I'll spend this Father's Day thinking of the two most important men in my life... Chris and my dad.  I love and miss them so very much.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.