Blog Archive

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pinehurst...

Today the boys and I went to Pinehurst, NC to visit our friends, the Prokopowiczes.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to get many pictures.  Probably because it is so much damn WORK going to the pool, any pool, crap!, any body of water, even the bathtub, especially the bathtub, with all three of them at once.

Pete thinks he's a fish.  Without exaggeration, he jumps in to the pool whether or not you're ready and whether or not you're near him.  Then, once you wrangle his little body and save him from drowning, he thinks it's hysterical to throw his face in the water.  Yes.  He just wants to float PURPOSEFULLY face down.  Seriously?  I assumed we were higher on the Darwin food chain than this.

And this pretty much summarizes Henry.... "Watch me.  Watch me.  Are you watching me??!!  Did you see that?  Did you see me jump?  Put Pete down and catch me.  Watch me.  Did you watch me?  Pull me up.  I wanna get up.  There aren't any steps over here.  Pull me up so I can jump again.  Did you see me just now?  Did you see me put my face in the water?  I wanna go over there now and jump.  Let's go over there now.  Where's James?"

And James is just off.  (I can't imagine why... ha ha.)  Doing his thing, playing Marco Polo and water tag with all the big kids in the deep end.  He's become a really strong swimmer and several of the moms complimented him on his back stroke so that was fun to hear.

Here are the few pictures I was able to quickly snap...

Now do you think he wears his own sun hat?

Okay, I'll give you the answer... No.

Happy swimmer

Henry shaking all the water out!

James (soon-to-be a 2nd grader) and Nick (soon-to-be a 4th grader)!
We've known them since we lived in Savannah
(Fort Stewart) and both boys were babies!

It was a fun day, especially when we went back to dry land and played at their house for awhile!  I feel relatively confident in my ability to keep everyone safe when we remove all that water!

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.