Blog Archive

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Truth be told...

I got to thinking... I share a lot about the boys, maybe I should share a few things about me.

Here are a few things you will never hear me say...

1.  "Let's go to the movies!"  I don't care who's in it... what it's about... how much it costs or doesn't cost.  I don't wanna go.  The idea of sitting in a completely dark, creepy theater which reeks of buttery popcorn, to sit on chairs where people have done God-know's-what, eh-eh.  Ain't gonna happen.  Any second now 20/20 is going to do a "black light" special on those chairs.  But really, it's not even entirely about the chairs.  I'm much too anxious of a person to sit still for 2 1/2 hours to watch a movie that, in my opinion, probably isn't worth it.  When is the last time you heard someone say, "That movie was great!"  The Titanic.  Right?  Do I lie?  And that was what... 15 years ago?  And poor Chris.  He loves watching movies and would kill to see one in a theater.

2.  "Let's order Chinese!"  Eh-eh.  Never gonna happen.

3.  "Let's stay up late!"  I am soooo lame.  I usually get up at the crack of dawn and would happily go to bed at 9pm every night.  The only reason I stay up later is when Chris is home or I'm with company.  Otherwise, nigh-night.  Growing up, Lauren would come over for sleep-overs and when I fell asleep early, she and my night-owl sister would spend the night talking!  I know... lame-oh.  On the flip side, if I'm not awake and out of bed by 7am, you should check my pulse.

Here are a few things I'm not good at...

1.  I don't check my voice mail.  I'm sorry.  If you call me, I probably love you a whole lot.  But I'm not going to listen to your voice mail.  Just call me again.  I really am sorry.  I've tried in the past to get better at this, but it never sticks.

2.  I really don't like to be away from my boys.  Even though I say I want a break sometimes, I'd prefer them to be close to me.  They drive me cah-ray-zeee, but I still like them around.  Sign ups for future mother-in-law-of-the-year??  Ha ha.

3.  I'm a recovering hypochondriac.  Okay, okay... I can hear several of you mumbling under your breath.  Why do you have to call me out?  It's true.  I still am one.  I'm a worrier.  I can't help it... it's just the way I'm hard-wired.

4.  I bite my nails.  Of course if you've ever seen me in person, you know this is true.  Again, it's something I try to stop, but before I know it... I'm biting again... and worried that I'm going to contract MRSA (you know, that crazy staph infection).

So... that's it.  Those are all of my "secrets" about myself.  (Of course if you're reading this blog, you probably knew all of these things anyway!)

4 comments:

  1. I looooveeee this! You could make it a monthly feature :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just quizzed James on some of these... And he did great! He knows his mama bites her fingernails, wakes up early, doesn't like Chinese food, doesn't like going to the movie theater, doesn't like being away from her boys. but he thinks you stay up late. :) Pretty good! He says your favorite food is salad, fave tv show is Wheel of Fortune (really? ha), you love running, your favorite color is orange, your favorite treat is chocolate (though not much), and if you had $100 you would spend it on clothes or food. Your favorite date with Chris is going to a restaurant, and you have a ton of friends but your best friend is hard to tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is simply amazing! So interesting that he knows me that well. Goes to show you, I guess, just how much kids pick up on... even when you don't say it outright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First I only knew you went to bed early. And I love your thoughts on movies...I may never take my children again. Second I love that your sister asked James those questions. I would love to hear my kids responses!

    I agree with Megan. A great feature post that you should continue...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.