Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

We're going to see about a dog...

Since putting Mora down several months ago, the boys have begged and pleaded for another dog.  Chris and I agreed that once he returned from this deployment, we'd get them one.  As luck would have it, Chris's Battalion Commander's wife happens to be a veterinarian.  Dana volunteers to foster and then find homes for "Army bomb dogs" when they don't pass certain requirements to go overseas.

We don't know too much about her yet except that her name is Allie, she's super cute, and we want her.  She was recently spade so we had to wait until she healed completely for the boys to meet her.  We finally get to meet her this Thursday at 4pm!



And if I wasn't already sold on getting the boys another dog, this definitely did it.  I went to check on Henry a few nights ago and he'd fallen completely asleep holding a picture of Mora when she was a puppy.  I don't think I've ever seen anything as sweet or innocent...


"Every boy should have two things: a dog and 
a mother willing to let him have one."
--Robert Benchley

4 comments:

  1. Precious! And does this mean Chris is coming home soon, too? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Amy! Just a few more weeks... we're expecting Chris home by the end of August. We can't wait!! :)

      Delete
  2. LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH! Get Allie! And Henry... breaking my heart. xoxo
    RIP Mora :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much trouble, chaos and time that this dog is going to add to your already full schedule, after seeing Henry and this picture.......you just HAVE to get Allie. This is so sweet. Mr. Nature Lover and his dog-what could be more fulfilling for him (especially with your bad luck on keeping goldfish alive!)?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.