Blog Archive

Saturday, January 12, 2013

James is 8!

Yesterday was James's 8th birthday.  There really isn't a way for me to explain how very much I love him except to say he is exactly who I would've picked for a son if I could have. 



James got to pick anywhere he wanted to go for his birthday dinner (Chick-fil-a!) and afterwards, he opened lots of cool gifts from his grandparents, his brothers, Mommy and Daddy, Aunt Megan, and Cousin Laura.  It was like a mini-Christmas over here again!

James asked for a "football and soccer" cake.... so Henry and I improvised by making these cupcakes for him, with soccer plates and napkins on the side.  (And what are the odds that I had BOTH on hand, neither of which James knew about?  Man, sometimes you actually win one as a mother.)


We're having his "friend party" at a Laser Tag spot in town next Saturday which he's super excited about too.  All in all, I think he had a fantastic day!  

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday James! I'm so happy to be your Auntie. :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.