Blog Archive

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Laser Tag Party!

James decided on a "laser tag" birthday party with his friends to celebrate turning 8.  (Incidentally, does anyone feel like his birthday has been a month-long affair?  We started celebrating it on Christmas with the relatives, then celebrated his actual birthday on Jan. 11, and just now had his friend party and sleep-over.  Reminds me of the month-long birthday celebrations we had growing up.  Ha ha... NOT!)

At any rate, for anyone who has ever met met me, you can probably imagine my reaction when walking into that pit of a place, otherwise known as Laser FX.  It literally took my breath away.  Dark walls, neon spray paint, oddly patterned floors with way more filth than I would care to have Peter's pacifier fall on (which it did!), 50 arcade games screaming and making noise at once, wall-to-wall boys running around, having the time of their lives.  If I never step foot in that place again it'll be too soon.  But James loved it.  His friends loved it.  I did lots of deep breathing exercises.

The kids got to play two rounds of 20-minute laser tag, eat pizza and cake and ice cream, and then play the arcades.  More.deep.breathing.and.sanitizing.

Here's the scoop...


James and Tramad,
his best buddy in class. 
Patrick Crispino (friend from WP), James, and Nico

Henry, James, Waylon, Patrick, Peter
Kenton, Ross, Nico, Tramad, Christian & Jonathon

The gang!

Getting ready to go into laser tag room...

Waiting for gear...

The black lights made their
clothes glow in the dark which they loved!

Henry seems as happy as James.  :) 


They had a great afternoon!

We were afraid Henry might not want to join the big kids (since it's dark and loud in the laser tag rooms) but he loved it too!

Next year I gotta think of something less stress-inducing for me though.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a great celebration for the birthday man! Can't believe it's been eight years...Happy Birthday James!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.