Blog Archive

Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Project...

So this weekend one of the things on our "to do" list included hanging curtains in our bedroom.   One year into living here and we still don't have curtains in there.  Installing curtain rods is Chris's idea of a great time.  But only if the other option is carving his eye out with a spoon.

Which is why it's taken a year.  I dragged our rods out of our storage house this weekend only to realize we were missing four of the wall brackets.   We set off to find replacement ones which is trickier than you might think.  After a failed attempt this morning at Home Depot and Target, Henry and I went looking for some this afternoon.

On the way there, he and I were making small talk...

Me:  Henry, how many children do you think you're going to have when you grow up?

Henry:  None.  I'm not a girl.  

Me:  Right you are.

We walked into Hobby Lobby and Henry immediately found a Venus Fly Trap create-at-home kit.  We have been looking for a Venus Fly Trap plant since last summer for him.  Apparently they're endangered (and therefore illegal to sell) in the state of North Carolina.  The woman who owns the nursery in town told us to look online.  Which we did (a few times) but have never made the plunge to purchase.  Today was Henry's lucky day.  We scooped up the fly trap kit and went to find wall brackets.

Unfortunately Hobby Lobby doesn't sell individual wall mounting brackets but their complete curtain rod kits were on sale so we "splurged" and bought two new ones.

Leaving the store Henry turns to me and says, "I cannot believe we spent ALL that time in that store and all you got were two telescopes."

I looked at him and started laughing.  "Me either," I said.

But what I really can't believe is that he accidentally spilled all of the venus fly trap seedlings in the car.  (Well, come on.  Of course I believe that could happen.  I'm just always surprised at kids' tenacity and ability to spill everysinglethingtheycomeincontactwith!).  It'll come as no surprise that we can't find them.  Because seedlings happen to look like all of the other little droppings my little lovies leave on our car floor.  Poor Henry.

And "poor Mommy" since Chris noticed one of the rods was broken when we got home.  Womp womp.

Project success rate:  0:2.

1 comment:

  1. Telescopes! I love how your little man's mind works. It is even better that you capture these memories. Henryisms.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.