Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly...

THE GOOD:

1.  I made it to the ship in time!!!  I ran the entire length of the Miami airport, jumped into a cab, told the driver to drive as fast as he could, ran up the plank, and found Allison there with thumbs up waiting for me... all about 30 minutes before the cruise ship took off!!  It was close and started the trip with a bang!


2.  All of the time we got to spend together.  I honestly loved every minute.


3.  The "pub crawl" on board the first night.  We had a ridiculous amount of fun!


We went to 5 bars in about 2 hours and got a different drink at each spot... 



4.  The super cute and cool girls we befriended the first night... Natalie, Jessica, Catherine, and Alex.


THE BAD:  

1.  It rained ALL day on Saturday.  We did get into one of the hot tubs for about 30 minutes but there was zero sun-bathing to be had on this trip.




THE UGLY: 

1.  Poor Allison woke up with a stomach bug on Saturday and proceeded to throw up ALL day on Saturday and Sunday.  It was awful and I felt just terrible for her. What crummy timing, to say the least!

When I came back from running on Sunday, this is how I found her... so sad.



Fortunately the girls we met on Friday night were kind enough to invite me to join them all weekend (since Al couldn't even eat!).

On Saturday there was a dance party we went to...







Those girls LOVED taking shots!  The only difference is that the recovery period is much shorter for 26 year olds!



On Sunday the sun came out and Al was feeling a little better in the morning, so we got off and walked around Nassau...



Allison was such a trooper and tried so very hard to "will" herself to feel better.  Even though she wasn't feeling good, we still had a fantastic trip.  We laughed and laughed and talked and talked... it was just what we needed.


I love you, my sweet friend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I want to give you two a do-over!! You two deserve it! Glad you found some fun in there, Beth. Poor Allison! ugh xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Beth, that third to last photo of you- your hair looks brown with highlights and it looks AWESOME. you could totally pull that off as well as the blonde ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I hate that Allison was so sick. What a bummer, but I am so glad that you were still able to spend time together laughing and catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you got to have some time together and some time to refresh yourself. The fact that she was sick is just awful. And your sister is right your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.