Blog Archive

Friday, March 8, 2013

Weekly Roundup...

Poor Peter got a stomach bug and spent most of the week throwing up...


You'd think by this smile he was feeling better, right?  Nope.  Not five minutes later, he threw up all over the kitchen floor...


I am becoming more and more excited about getting rid of the processed junk my kids eat and am trying to slowly wean them off of it.  If you haven't seen this blog, check it out.  It's awesome (and I am so glad my sister sent it to me!)...

100 Days of REAL FOOD

I made all-natural granola yesterday.  James thinks it's just okay but has eaten several bites, Henry hasn't tried it, and Peter's eaten half of it.


I made a Glowing Green smoothie and finished it!  In fact, I had it two mornings in a row.  Chris also had a glass and liked it.  Henry did try this (surprisingly), swallowed it, said he liked it but that I could have the rest...


 It's an uphill battle, folks.  This is where I found Pete yesterday afternoon... getting a sugar fix.

I am hopeful this beautiful assortment of chairs means spring is on its way!?


My friend, Cortney, and I have been going through houses in our neighborhood because more family friends from West Point are moving here this summer!   They just put an offer on the brand-new house across the street.  It's 3000 square feet and beautiful inside...


Today is my lovely mother's birthday!  We love you!


The big boys don't have school today because of a teacher workday so a bunch of us are meeting at a local park to play.  Nicolas spent the night last night and I can hear them playing upstairs now.  Fingers crossed that everyone woke up healthy and happy and ready for a busy weekend... sunshine and warm weather would be nice too!

2 comments:

  1. Love that picture of you and mom! And feel better Petey.

    And I'm so excited about the whole foods plan too. I made the best (and easiest) butternut squash soup from My Father's Daughter and I think you'd like it. And kale chips (a little oversalted but pretty nice and crunchy :) Yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- and make sure you click on the 100 Days... Pinterest button. It's such a nice round up of recipes and photos :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.