Blog Archive

Monday, July 29, 2013

Blueberry picking!

On Saturday Chris and I took Henry and Peter to Carter Blueberry Farm.  It was only about 15 minutes away from the house.


None of us had ever picked blueberries before.  It was fun!




But what was funny (inject sarcasm here) was when we realized Chris accidentally forgot his wallet at home which he never, ever does.  And I never, ever (ever) have cash on me.  We were just about to leave our bucket of blueberries and drive to the nearest ATM when we asked the lady to weigh our loot.  Three pounds of blueberries cost a "whopping" $2.46.  (Crazy, right?  That would cost about $10 in the grocery store.)

It then became Chris and my mission to find that sum within the depths of our van.  We searched.  We scoured.  We dumped my purse completely out.  Twice.  We moved seats.  We cursed ourselves for just removing Henry's piggy bank the day prior.  We shifted Peter's butt cheeks in hope of hidden coins.  We searched the glove compartment box.  Under the mats.  The middle console.  The obvious-but-empty change drawer.

Know what we came up with?

$2.44!!

She went ahead and let those 2 cents slide.  But I felt defeated.  Crushed.  We were sooooclose to our $2.46 goal.

Lucky for me, I'll probably be in this predicament sooner rather than later so I can challenge myself again.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.