Blog Archive

Sunday, July 21, 2013

I really don't want to jinx us BUT...

today was the 3rd day in a row that Peter wore "big boy underwear" ALL DAY LONG!  I haven't put an actual diaper on him in several days (he obviously still wears pull-ups at bedtime).  Today we ran errands and Peter insisted on keeping his underwear on.  When we were out shopping, he told me he had to pee so we went to the public bathroom and, sure enough, he peed!  He has yet to go #2 on the potty (saving it for when I finally put a pull-up on him or, like this afternoon, went in his underwear-- yuck!) but I'm proud of the big step forward he's made!

His can-do attitude has also trickled down to getting dressed... and re-dressed... and re-dressed at least 5 times a day.  His new mantra: "I do it ALL BY MYSELF!!!" is said repeatedly.  Underwear, shorts, even shirts make their way on backwards but since he is the 3rd child I have gained considerable perspective and my mantra is: I DON'T CARE!

So we go out in public like this... with size 8 red pajama bottoms of James', a too-small plaid Osh Kosh shirt (which threatened to break me with all of those buttons), and bright orange Crocs on the wrong feet.


But I tell him he looks goooood!  Because he does.  And he's happy.  And he's 3rd.  And did I mention that I haven't put a diaper on him in 3 days??  Sweet!


(We are headed up to MD in the morning to drop James off for his San Francisco trip with Gigi and pick Henry up after his fun time with Gigi and Grandpa and Ita too.  I'll be back next weekend with pics and an update!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.