Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hand-me-down Pete...

Part of the upside? downside? of being the 3rd boy is that you get lots of hand-me-downs.  At this age, Peter still thinks ANYthing the big boys wear, play with, or otherwise glance at, is GOLD.  Their castaway bikes and scooters are no exception.

Watch Peter cruise around-- and do tricks with his leg-- on this two-wheel scooter!  Santa was going to bring him a 3-wheel one but clearly he's more advanced than that and can balance just as well as James and Henry on it.


And Gabby was kind enough to pass down her own hand-me-down bike to Peter.  He is beyond thrilled with riding a "big boy" bike and asks to ride it constantly lately.


My final School Counseling internship was with Bob Oakes, a former starting line backer for Penn State University.  I'll never forget what he told me... "The toughest football players I ever met were third sons.  They'd spent their lives trying to keep up with, and getting knocked around by, their two older brothers and were made for the sport it seemed."  

I can't help but think that Pete, nicknamed "Beef" by his Daddy, fits the saying.  I suppose time will tell...

3 comments:

  1. That little dude is amazing! Way to go Pete! I can't even get Clark to pedal his tri-cycle! Give me a break! I love seeing the videos!
    Miss you!
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch that little 2 year old go!! And that bike from Gabby is so perfect for him! Gooo Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so balanced and coordinated beyond his years.....however, where is his bike helmet??? He needs one just like the big boys. Get him started wearing one early and he won't complain later. Love those boys! Mom

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.