Blog Archive

Saturday, November 16, 2013

A bit defeated...

Ever have one of those days when you just want to throw the towel in?  Yeah… today may have been one of those days for me.  I woke up in the middle of last night with that awful, terrible, urge-to-throw up feeling just a few minutes before I ran to the bathroom to actually throw up.  No good.  Especially since Henry had found a spot very close to me in my bed and didn't seem willing to part with it just because I was sick and wanting to spread out.  And I immediately remembered that James's buddy, Waylon, was having a sleep over.  And then my mind raced to Peter… with Chris gone.  And I knew, I just knew, that once Peter woke up… IT WAS ALL OVER.  That kid never ever ever stops talking.  He's like a radio on high volume all day long.  Incessant 2 year old talking + stomach virus = PAIN.  He wins.  He always wins.

Proverbial towel officially IN proverbial bucket.

Which is why I pretty much let them get away with whatever they wanted today.

Halloween candy for breakfast?  Have the bucket.  Literally.  The entire bucket.  Fine by me!

Waffle and sticky, sugary, gross-smelling syrup for a mid-morning snack?  Okay!

Chicken nuggets 15 minutes later?  As long as I don't have to make or smell them!

Juice boxes?  (aka MORE SUGAR?) Sure thing!

JUST PLEASE, please, let me lie in this bed alone and still for 15 minutes.

Thank God I found 2 old Zofran tablets (anti-nauseau medicine) from when I was pregnant with Peter. They didn't cure me but they helped me breathe and move on with our day.

By mid-evening, this is what our house looked like….


I mentally calculated possible damage (3 throw pillows, a TV, leather furniture, blankets, possible stitches, broken dog legs) and said, "Yup.  I assume all associated risks and allow you to… carry on.  Just please don't ask me to make you any more food or talk with Peter."

Two side notes…
1.)  This footage explains why Chris rolls his eyes every time I tell him we need new throw pillows.
and 2.)  Did you see how clever I was by "setting the bedtime stage" with all the curtains drawn and lights flickering at only 6pm?  That's called SKILL.  And practice.  This ain't my first rodeo with trying to get the boys to bed early.  Heh heh heh.  Worked like a charm.  They were asleep by 8pm!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Beth, I wish I could have come over and helped- or better yet- taken them away for the day, night. I hope you're feeling better. "Just please don't ask me to make you any more food or talk with Peter." HAHA xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setting the stage is pure brilliance! "Dark room, flickering lights". I am going to make this my new mantra...and aim for 8:30.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.