Blog Archive

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Long weekend...

This week has seemed a bit "off" since the boys had a 4 1/2 day weekend for MLK's birthday on Monday, a teacher workday on Tuesday, and a delayed start because of cold temps yesterday (not a flurry in sight though!).

Over the weekend we played at our favorite park, located on Pope Air Field.  Unfortunately it's about 20-25 minutes away so we don't get there as often as I'd like.

 We were the only ones there so the boys had the entire park to themselves!
After playing at the park, we came home and finished James's Abe Lincoln project.  He had to create a mobile with different parts of Abe's life written on different parts of the mobile.  James was very upset that it didn't "really" look like Abe Lincoln which left me figuratively scratching my head.  Really??  He really thought the two of us were going to be able to DRAW Abe Lincoln's face to scale and reality?  Too funny.  (Which reminds me of the time back at West Point when James came home distraught after a snowy day in Kindergarten.  "MOM!  The teachers said we were going to have indoor recess but there was no indoor playground!!  We just sat in our classroom with puzzles."  ha ha ha…)
 Apparently the park and Lincoln-drawings left one of us very sleepy...
pretty baby
Hard to believe it's already Thursday again.  Almost another weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the photos of your park make me feel so nostalgic for last summer! We have seen a park in MONTHS!!! Months I tell you. I love that you enjoy the days with your boys so much!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.