Blog Archive

Friday, January 31, 2014

Update...

1.  Around 6:30am this morning I received a text from Chris saying they were departing Fort Polk!!!  Let the bus ride begin, thank God!!  That should-- hopefully-- put him home sometime tomorrow afternoon!

2.  The county cancelled school!  For the 4th day in a row.  It's a bit unbelievable, isn't it?!  This is turning out to be a mid-school year vacation for them.  Certainly they're going to have to make this week up somewhere in the remaining months of school.  I've heard the kids will now go to school on Monday of President's Weekend in Feb (originally scheduled to be a long weekend).  I've also heard mention of extending the school day, although that seems awfully hard on all parties involved.  Maybe they'll end up going to school longer in June.  We'll see…

So in related news... I'm pretty much TAPPED OUT of ideas of things to do with the boys all day long… and all of the things I need and want to do (a big grocery shopping run, a hair appt for today I now need to reschedule, lovely bathroom cleanings) is made so much harder with all three helpers at home.

Happy Friday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.