Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

And he's gone...

We took Chris in to work around 6:30pm last night for him to begin the long and painful process of getting ready to board the plane.  (I received a text from him a little after 4am this morning saying they were just boarding.)

Our day started with a mix of errands until we received a call from Peter's preschool teacher saying he had a temperature of 102.5.   Ugggh, poor baby.  So we turned around and picked him back up… 

Pete fell asleep as soon as we got home. 
Chris cleared out (most of) his office last week since he'll have a new job when he returns from Afghanistan...
 The boys enjoyed drawing on the white board and being silly...

…except for Peter.  He just sat and watched them play.  Definitely not feeling good.
The boys and I stayed for about 20 minutes and then said our goodbyes...




It's hard to believe, but I miss him already.  It is nice that the "clock" has started and we're hopeful this deployment will be a short one.  

1 comment:

  1. Beth, I hope its a short one too. It doesn't make the goodbye any easier, the days any shorter, or the nights any less lonely though. I hate it when people say to me (usually well meaning or maybe just dumb strangers) "Well at least its not a year." Deployments are hard...four months, six months, nine months or a year. Our little ones can't tell time.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.