Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Peter is 3!

Here's the thing about kids.  They're exhausting.  They're difficult.  They talk too much.  They don't ever let YOU talk.  They wake up too early.  They don't understand reason.  Or sharing.  They're a shit-ton of work.

But they're addicting.  And fascinating.  And so very beautiful.

I simply cannot believe my baby turns 3 today.  How did that happen?  How did three entire years pass since he entered this world and forever changed mine?


To say I'd love another baby is a complete understatement.  I wish my pregnancies weren't so complicated and that I wasn't such a worrier.  Under other, better circumstances, I'd jump at having a fourth.  But I would be lying if I said that, even after a fourth, I'd admit to being totally done.

I read this article today that puts so much of how I feel into words… The Last One

Today I celebrate my sweet, feisty, funny, beautiful little last.  I thank God he's mine and ours and I can honestly say I have loved every single minute he's been here.

Happy birthday, little love.  The world is yours.

2 comments:

  1. Aw that made me cry! Happy birthday to you both this week. xoxo I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way...and the article you shared is a sweet post. I love these stages and do wish they wouldn't pass so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.