Blog Archive

Saturday, March 29, 2014

One month...

Chris left about 5 weeks ago now.  To celebrate, we went out to dinner on Friday night with a few other 2-504 moms and kids.  (Unfortunately Heather's son picked up a nasty stomach bug so they had to bow out last minute).  We had a great time together.  I really enjoy the other wives in our unit.


Before we left for dinner, Peter kept asking me to ride his bike up to Cortney or Summer's house.  

"NO!" I kept telling him.

To which, of course, he replied, "Whhhhhy???"  

"Because, Peter.  I have to get ready for all of us to leave and all of the Daddies are coming home for dinner and I don't want you on the road without me watching you."  

His little face totally lit up.  "DADDY is coming home??  For dinner??" 

"Oh.  Ohhh, no, babe.  No.  I'm sorry.  I meant… the other daddies are coming home for dinner and I don't want you on the road without me."

"Oh."  And his entire little face fell.  :(

But... we are already over a month down and right now it looks like Chris will be home early June.  We are taking it one day at a time, which is all anyone can ever do, and June will be here before we know it!


1 comment:

  1. Aw Peter! Everyone gets extra virtual hugs from me today. Congrats on the month + down!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.