Blog Archive

Monday, September 29, 2014

Another weekend round-up!

On Friday night, Chris surprised me by planning a date night to Cypress Bend Vineyards!  (and by "surprise," I mean that he actually kept the surprise all week and then for reasons completely unknown blurted out where he was taking me on Thursday night.  I'm still shaking my head on that one BUT he knows me well… it was awesome!)

It was a beautiful evening in the low 70's.  Perfect for spending the evening outside...
The grounds were so pretty… like an outdoor wedding.
We had a blast drinking wine and talking and laughing and dancing.  We met a few other fun couples (we'd never met before) which made the night even more fun.  Turns out one of the couples that sat down next to us lives just four houses away, right up our street!
Even though you took the "surprise" out
of the surprise, it was perfect, babe.
Let's do it again soon!
On Saturday, bright and early, James had a football game!  Turns out the last two games were scrimmages and this was the official starting game (who knew?  and why must everything be so complicated?).  Anywho, the team played a great game but lost (to the same team they played-- and lost against-- in the first scrimmage game).  Here's a video I got of James catching a pass!  Way to go, James (our team, the Panthers, are in blue)!

Although Henry wasn't at all interested in going to his soccer game, he played great while he was there.  He's taken to playing Goalie quite nicely and seems excited by the challenge.  Once he's there.  Leaving his best friend, Jonathan, to play sports doesn't seem like a worthwhile sacrifice in his book.

After sports, we took the boys to get their hair cut.  Or hairs cut.  Since I assume they cut more than one (baddump-bump).  Anywho… why their stylist always suggest putting temporary dye in their hair, I'll never know.  I mean, they finally have nice, clean hair and then she suggests this nasty goop which they LOVE.

 On Sunday, the little boys and I made homemade bird feeders.  Remember making those?
 We used sun butter and sun flower seeds and I hot glued the ribbon on.
 Unfortunately we only have a few teeny tiny trees in our front yard (or gigantic ones in the back yard)… but hopefully the birds won't mind where they placed them.

I'd take a nibble if I was a Robin!
We also had a few new friends over to play this weekend.  Cameron, a friend on James's football team, spent all of Sunday with us and Elijah, a new friend in the neighborhood, spent all of Saturday afternoon with the boys.  As always, the yard was packed with boys playing basketball, football, riding bikes, scooters, and generally throwing their bodies around.  It's impossible to get everyone in one picture but here are a few playing Knock Out.

 While the boys were playing, I made a Spaghetti Squash Lasagna.  Yum!  Wish some of you had been over here to help us eat it since it made so much!
Hope your weekend was filled with wine, friends, and lasagna too!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.