Blog Archive

Monday, October 6, 2014

Again?

I can't believe an entire week has gone by again and I haven't updated the blog.  I suppose it's just that the days tend to run together and the boys' activities and friends keep me very busy.  Chris was gone this weekend.  Again.  This time up to West Point for his 15-year reunion with friends.  Which left me at home with our boys and their bagillion friends.  Surely I sound like a broken record even to you… Chris is gone and somehow I have the entire neighborhood over at our house.  There were a few slight differences… on Friday, Sherry Shaw and her two kids came into town and spent the night with us.  We had a great time together but I forgot to take any pictures.  :(  James's regular 1.5 hour football game was more like a 3-hour football game on Saturday (you can imagine how much fun that was keeping Pete occupied for that long).  The big boys also a slumber party on Saturday with their friends, William and Quentin, which was a lot of fun.  For them.  And somewhat for me since it was at their house.  On Sunday, we had James's new friend, Mark, over.  Mark and James are in the same class and I've been trying to get them together on the weekend to build their friendship.  We also celebrated James's best friend Waylon's 10th birthday on Sunday.  We were busy!

Shew.  Re-reading this post is precisely why I need the children to return to school on Monday.  For a break.  Turns out weekends aren't relaxing at all for me.

And for no other reason than I like it…
Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't there any other houses for those boys to be at all the time? I guess it's a compliment that your house is the fun house? xoox I wish we could have some wine together.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You realize you are the coolest mom ever? And you know what is even better that your boys think you are the coolest mom and their friends have found a safe, caring, and fun house to land. You should be proud of what you are doing for your boys and your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.