Blog Archive

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Awards and Announcements...

This afternoon Peter and I went up to the elementary school for the 1st grade awards assembly (the first 9-week marking period recently ended).  Henry did very well in school and received the Principal's List  and Perfect Attendance awards.
sweet boy
Everything was going fine and I was actually thinking to myself, "Self.  Be glad your children are growing up.  This is the first time Peter is behaving himself throughout this long-winded awards ceremony."

Well, Self should have known Karma was sitting nearby because not two minutes later the Principal called up "Hasib Addalah" to receive an award.

Peter immediately perked up out of his coma, looked all around, and said "I SEE A DOLLA'?!?" all loudly.

Which would have made me want to laugh crawl under my chair any day.  But especially this fine day.  Because who did I sit directly next to????
You guessed it.  Hasib's father.

#winning

2 comments:

  1. This post made my day. No covering that one up! Oh my. Peter is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand it. Completely hilarious! Love that kid- and your writing! HA!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.