Blog Archive

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Slash in Class...

The first graders at New Century have been studying Reptiles.  Henry asked his teacher if he could bring our Bearded Dragon in to show all of his classmates.  After the principal approved the request, Peter and I brought Slash into school Friday afternoon...
To say Henry loved having Slash in class is a complete understatement.  Just look at that sweet, proud  smile...
Henry told his classmates all about Slash-- that he's an omnivore; he sheds; his body temperature changes to match his environment; he likes to be held; and his favorite foods (kale and mealworms).  We fed Slash mealworms in front of the class (if the kids' squeals were any indication of approval, I think they loved it!) and let him walk around the classroom for a little while.
I think it left a lasting impression on all of the children, especially Henry.


1 comment:

  1. Oh that little smile and those dimples!!! Henry is too cute <3

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.