Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pete-isms...

Pete has said a few zingers lately.

While home in Maryland for Spring Break, my mom asked Pete where Daddy was.  (For the record, Chris is at JRTC-- which stands for the Joint Readiness Training Center-- in Fort Polk, Louisiana... as I understand it, time spent there basically prepares soldiers for combat missions).

Peter's reply?  "Daddy is building houses.  Big ones.  And small ones. And Gigi-size ones."

Ahh, yes.  To his credit, there is always a ridiculous amount of construction taking place on Fort Bragg so I guess it makes sense to think that Daddy is a part of the construction crew he always sees?!

And last night, when I was getting everyone ready for bed, Peter asked me seriously, "Did it hurt when you came out of Daddy's belly?"

I didn't know how to respond to that one, so I said what anyone else would have...

"Yes."

And today, driving home from preschool, it started to rain.  "Awww, mom." Pete said, "Look at all those rain tears." I started to chuckle.  "Yeah... I guess they do look like rain tears, Pete."

But, even if he's confused about Chris's job, where babies come from, and the weather, at least he seems to have a decent handle on numbers.  Here he is skip-counting last night.  Not bad for a brand new 4-year-old!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.