Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2 Steps Forward, 3 Steps Back...

So I think today is one of those days where I do a lot but nothing gets done.  Pete woke up with a crummy cold this morning and Henry woke up and decided he was done going to preschool.  Yikes... you've got a long road aheadaya, kid.  It's a bit early to toss in the towel I told him.  Luckily Tylenol seemed to help Pete and a piece of chocolate seemed to motivate Henry.  We dropped Henry off at school and then Pete and I drove out to St. John's preschool in downtown Fayetteville.  Although the director was super friendly, the actual 4 year old teacher was about as awake and alive as wet toast.  No good.  Also, the drive was a good 20-25 minutes which just felt out there.  I decided since we were out and about to swing by Village Academy again.  When we visited last week, it happened to be on a Friday and the 4 year old class only meets M-Th so we weren't able to meet the teachers or see the children at play.  Unfortunately the lead teacher was out sick today (just my luck) but we were able to see the classroom and meet the co-lead, both of which seemed cheerful and bright.  Good!  On the way home, since Pete seemed in better spirits (but mostly because I didn't have Henry), I decided to run into Kohl's.  I got a 30% coupon in the mail recently and obviously I had to buy something with it.  I picked up several things, headed to the register, and just when I was about to offer my coupon to the salesclerk she reminded me that the sale doesn't start until March 7... which is tomorrow... which reminded me that I still haven't corrected the date on my watch from that stupid Leap Year day.  Ugggh.  Yes, sure, please put all of that junk on hold under my name.  We'll be back tomorrow.  It'll be kinda like fun but not.  

"Mama said there'd be days like this..."



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.