Blog Archive

Friday, March 9, 2012

Acts of Kindness...

Today the UPS man delivered a big box from "The MacCarthy family."  I had absolutely no idea who that was.  The MacCarthy Family?  I couldn't place them and thought it must have been a mistake although the label clearly said "To the Midberrys!"  Henry helped open the box and inside we found a bunch of fun boy toys (parachute men, airplanes, puppets) and a fun bag of "girl" things for me (Essie nail polish, foot scrubs, etc) and this note:

Dear Beth, James, Henry and Pete, 
Greetings from the MacCarthy family!  Just a small token of our gratitude for your sacrifice for all of our well being, safety, and freedom.  Hope these little treats make your March happy and bright!  
Much love, Laura, Brendan, Juliana, and Samantha

Thankfully there was a small picture on the top of the card so I recognized the sender... an old friend from college that I haven't seen or spoken to in over ten years!  Can you believe the kindness?  It's simply amazing... and a wonderful reminder of how special friendships are in life. 


2 comments:

  1. I know how much a thoughtful gift from a stranger means...it truly makes your day. And it helps to know that someone, truly is trying to understand or appreciate your family's sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.