Blog Archive

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Health Plex Gym, take 2...

Today I decided to splurge and join HealthPlex, a local gym in town.  I say "splurge" because I feel a little guilty since we own a treadmill but... lately I've been missing the added "oomph" and motivation you get from being at a gym with other people.  When we lived here ten years ago, I was a member and loved it so I decided to check it out again today.  The gym is affiliated with a hospital so their emphasis is on whole-body wellness... inside they have a spa (with masseuse), a "health bar" with smoothies and wraps and other treats, an indoor track, an indoor pool, but what I'm really excited about are the classes and childcare.  They offer this high intensity class called H.E.A.T. which is an intense, hour-long bootcamp class.  I love those type of classes and they're hard to replicate at home on your own.  What's nice about the childcare is that it's only $1 per child, per 75 minutes.  That's unheard of for childcare prices at a gym!  Best of all, when the big boys join me this summer, they have arts and crafts, an air hockey table, Xbox, Legos, and all kinds of games and toys for them to play with while I work out.  Not to mention that they can participate in their own aerobics classes (for free) on Tues and Thurs at 11:00.  SOLD.  Pete, however, is less than sold.  This is his startled and confused look when I picked him up after working out today.

                                                      "You duped me, woman!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.