Blog Archive

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lazy Sunday...

The only big to-dos on my list today were to run on the treadmill during Pete's morning nap, go grocery shopping, and look into spring activities on post for the boys.  Check, check, and partial-check!  Surprisingly, the grocery store wasn't even that painful today.  One nice thing about having a grocery store on just about every corner here is that none of them are ever crowded so it's quick to get in and out.  Since then, the boys and I have been playing upstairs in their playroom.  Pete's favorite thing to eat are Lego men (and in particular their hats) which you can see on this clip.  James is setting his Lego men up on a fire station and Henry is trying to get confirmation that the gun he created is cool (James quickly shoots it down) and then he proceeds to destroy it and mock James.  Funny... and about typical!  I had to quickly stop taping because Pete started dumping the Lego buckets upside down.  James gets frustrated after he sets everything up so neatly and then Pete comes through like a tornado.  That's when Henry usually chimes in, "That's what babies do!"



Wow, and as luck would have it, while I've been waiting for this video to upload, Pete fell asleep for his afternoon nap and the boys across the street invited James and Henry over to their house to play.  Sweeeeet!!  What in the world will I do with all of this free time?!  Hmmm.... #1... shower.  #2.... write Chris an email and #3.... make a(nother) cup of coffee and call my mom (okay, and fold all of this laundry while we talk).  Does everyone accumulate this much laundry??  I do at least 1-2 loads every single day but it seems to multiply.  There's never an end to it... although, I guess I am doing somewhat less now that Chris is gone.   He literally doubles the amount of laundry with all of his white undershirts, brown undershirts, uniforms (which are so bulky they take up almost the entire washing machine), weekday-after-work-clothes, weekend clothes, jeans, his black hanging-around-the-house pants, oh my gosh... can you wear anything twice?  :)  Ha ha.  I wonder what he's doing over there with all of his clothes... I'll have to ask him.  Okay, I'm off to take a shower and enjoy the peace and quiet for a bit!  Happy Sunday to you all...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.