Blog Archive

Friday, June 29, 2012

A little summer cleaning...

There's a record-breaking heat wave hitting our area this week.  Fayetteville is supposed to reach 105 degrees today!  So what did I decide to do?  Clean out the shelving unit in the hot, stuffy garage!!  (Hey, I never claimed to be a brainiac.  Plus, I tried to look at the bright side-- I probably lost about 2-3 lbs in all the sweat that was dripping off of me.)

Before...


And After...

I don't care much for the colors of baskets I now that I see them up, but they were so cheap ($12 for all of them) so I figure it wouldn't be a big deal to switch them down the road.  They were wrapped up and packaged in the store so it was hard to tell exactly how they'd look in person.  No biggie.  At least it's nice to see the area somewhat tidy.  The sports equipment is at the bottom in a big basket; the sunscreen and bug sprays are all in one basket; car cleaning supplies are in a basket; my painting supplies are in a basket, etc.  I also switched out the plastic shelves on the left so they're all white instead of green (we have several upstairs that hold the boys' smaller toys so it was easy to swap colors.)  Now if you were to turn your head to either direction, it would still look like a bomb went off.  I'm saving that fun job for when it hits 106!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I see you got the stars too. You might like the colors better if you put all the blue ones together and the gray ones together (on the top two shelves) to make it all blue/gray/blue/grey

    Stay cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree and had also thought of that. Unfortunately that middle size doesn't fit on the smaller rack above. :( Bummer!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.